For reading, for feeding, for leading
Expository Bible-study guide to 1 Samuel unpacking this gripping part of Israel's history.
- Author: Tim Chester
- ISBN: 9781909919563
- Format: Paperback
- Published: September 2014
- Dimensions: 135mm x 216mm x 16.5mm
- Pages: 224
- Publisher: The Good Book Company
1 Samuel is a book of barrenness and battles, kings and schemes, shepherds and giants. It recounts the history of Israel as it moved from no king, to the king it demanded, to the king God knew his people needed.
But its greatest excitement lies not in the events and characters, but in the person they all point to. 1 Samuel presents us with a wonderful picture of Jesus. Seeing him in and through this Old Testament book enables us to see him with fresh colour and texture, and see afresh what it means for us to follow him today as our Ruler and Rescuer. 1 Samuel is a book about ancient times, that speaks directly into ours.
Written for people of every age and stage, from new believers to pastors and teachers, 1 Samuel For You can be used to:
• READ: As a guide to this wonderful letter, exciting and equipping you to live out the truth in your life.
• FEED: As a daily devotional to help you grow in Christ as you read and meditate on this portion of God’s word.
• LEAD: As notes to aid you in explaining, illustrating and applying 1 Samuel as you preach or lead a Bible study.